The Co-op Economy
The Co-op Economy?is the nation’s only comprehensive report on the UK’s co?operative sector. It reveals turnover, membership and employee figures for co?op businesses across the UK.
Guide to co-ops
Read our handy guide, which explains in simple terms what a co?op is (and why they're?so great).
Read and download Co-operatives UK's latest annual report?and financial statements.
Co-operatives UK offers open surgeries with new CEO
Co-operatives UK’s newly appointed CEO, Rose Marley, is offering one to one surgeries to talk all things co-operative.
Our contact package provides?access to the best support from leading advisers on co-op governance, finance, HR and membership
Support for your co?op
As the network for the UK's thousands of co-operative businesses, we provide support in HR, culture, governance, finance, marketing, membership strategy and co-operative development. Browse our extensive library of online resources, blogs and…
- The UK’s?7,237?independent co-ops?employ?250,128?people?
- Co-ops contribute?￡39.7?billion to the UK economy
- There are nearly?14?million memberships of co-ops. The members?own and have a say in how the nation's co-ops operate
- Co-ops?proved four times less likely to cease trading during 2020
- The UK co-op sector grew by ￡1.1 billion in 2020, despite the pandemic
Programmes to support your co-op
Support for new co-ops, with advice, training and mentoring
For community owned organisations looking to raise funds through community shares
For tech founders and start ups looking for a different way to run digital platforms
The Ownership Hub
Developing a fairer and more resilient regional economy by supporting more worker and employee ownership